Instructions to support SB-441
Step 1: Create an account in the Maryland Legislative system.
Go to https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Account/Register/Tracking and create your account. They have a video tutorial for this at https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Information/VideoTutorials under the label “MyMGA New Account”.
Step 2: On Friday, 2/12/21, between the hours of 8am-3pm, please sign up as a written-only testimony witness. They have a video tutorial for this at https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Information/VideoTutorials under the label “Witness Sign Up”. This process is only available during this time window.
- Go to https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/MyMGATracking/WitnessSignup and select the Finance Committee.
- Scroll down to SB-411, select “Favorable” on the Position Dropdown and Select “Written” for type of testimony.
- The “Upload Files” button should now become available. Click that and select your files from your computer. They only accept .pdf files.
- Upload your letter of support and/or the “My Story” document talking about your amazing self-directed life.
- Make sure that you go back to the top of the screen and press the “Save” button or things will not properly upload.
- Even if you don’t have any documents to upload, please go to the bill and click “Favorable” to support the bill, then click “Save”
Thank you for helping us advocate for self-directing participants and their families!!